This week it's the turn of the rather talented Sarah at TheOtherMousie to be featuredand I am really excited to be able to pick some of her wonderful items to show you here today.
1. Where do you get your inspiration?
Actually - this is quite difficult! I admire loads of peoples work & wish I could be as clever or talented as them. But I have a grasshopper brain - it's always on the go & most of my ideas just pour out the top of my head - can't you tell - I mean where did Itty Bitty Pirate Kitty come from??
2. Describe your work space? We have a very busy household so although I always keep my crafty supplies in one place I do tend to work wherever there is a bit of peace & quiet & a bit of space - which is very rare...
3. When and Why did you start your crafting business? I actually started crafting properly over 14 years ago, just because I can't help it! At that time it was all craft fairs & I'd rent a space in my local library from time to time. I haven't done too much while I've been busy bringing up my 3 children. But as my youngest is getting settled at kindergarten I started to look at it again. The craft world has changed so much due to the Internet - I felt so scared! As soon as I discovered Folksy I knew things would be ok, they are such a friendly supportive bunch & have given me confidence too.
4. What is your most favourite item that you sell? It has to be my Itty Bitty items - I think that's what people think of when they think of me! I do lots of what I call serious sewing too, but it's the fun items that grab everyone's attention.
5. Where else do you sell? Apart from Folksy & Etsy, some of it now comes from word of mouth. Also I think I may have just developed a lucrative line of selling at the school gate to my daughters classmates - hope I don't cause any trouble...
6. Do you do craft fairs and do you think they are a good place to sell? I did one in March that went very well indeed & I will be looking at doing some more in the future. Craft fairs never really change that much - they all seem a bit hit & miss what works for you doesn't work for others.
7. Describes your style in 3 words. Kitsch, odd, whimsical or I'm not sure!
8. What are you working on at the moment? A wonderful lady from Glasgow is getting married on International Talk Like A Pirate Day on September 21st & I'm making 72 (74 inc the bride & groom!) Itty Bitty Pirate Kitties as her wedding favours. I'm also continually thinking up new Itty Bitty Kitty variations & trying to fit them in too.
9. What is the weirdest thing about you? Oh this is such a talent (!!!) I can take my socks off just by using my big toes & turn it into a sock ball - no hands required... it all comes back to socks really!
10. What 1 item would you like to buy from another Folksy seller? Aaaarrggghhhh - this is a tricky question - I have so many favourites.... but if I had the money I would love to buy something from Jemima Lumley - her jewellery is stunning.
11. Where is your most favourite place? My home with my husband & children around me.
12. What is your favourite book? I don't get chance to read as much as I'd like at the moment. But last year I read Pobby & Dingan by Ben Rice & it still haunts me I've read it 3 times since. It means so much to me.
13. What is your favourite film? Sorry - but out of all the films I love this is the only one I can watch over & over again & never tire of it... The Railway Children - it's a classic. I get to watch it on my own too because my family just don't seem to get the lure of it. Jenny Agutter on the platform saying 'Daddy! My Daddy!!'....... I just have to have the tissues at the ready!
14. What is your favourite song? Ooooh that's a toughie... I have songs of the moment, I have quite an eclectic taste too. Can I have two - please???? Paper Wings by Gillian Welch and The Book Of Right-On by Joanna Newsom
15. If you could do anything for the day what would you do? Just to be able to travel anywhere - stress free.
16. You are a Superhero, what is your power? I would be a superhero that could transform into a fly!! The amount of times I would love to be a fly on the wall - well this could be my chance - think of all the things I could spy on!
Hi, So I am a mother of 3 wonderful little imps and partner to one large imp. I live in the country which is wonderful. Have 2 dogs and a vw camper van which no doubt I will post photos of. I am a child of the 70's and would love to be able to decorate my house in that style....if only the big imp would let me!!!